July 11, 2019 – 1PM EDT: Complimentary NRS Webinar
By completing and submitting this registration form, you will be enrolled in NRS’ Complimentary 30 minute webinar. This webinar explains how the SEC’s two new interpretive releases, which go into effect upon publication in the Federal Register, may require immediate changes in your compliance program.
Investment Advisers: You need to know now if the new releases require you to:
- Review and revise your disclosures
- Create or amend procedures for obtaining a retail client’s “informed consent” to those disclosures
- Identify when your firm must recommend services that your firm does not provide
- Documenting the obligation to monitor client accounts
Broker-Dealers: You need to know now if the new releases require you to:
- Provide ongoing monitoring to certain types of brokerage accounts
- Understand how “limited discretion” may or may not be used by a broker-dealer
- Draft or amend written supervisory procedures
- Re-assess whether your advertisements could inadvertently suggest that you are providing advisory services
You do not have until next June to address this. Unlike Reg BI and Form CRS, these interpretive releases will become effective any day.
Your examiners will be aware of, and trained to look for the requirements these new releases will bring. Be sure your compliance program is ready. Complete and submit your registration form today!