Health & Safety Protocols Q & A
The Park Hyatt Aviara is adhering to the San Diego County Guidelines. Since June 15, 2021, there have been no event restrictions regarding COVID-19 in place for events under 1,000 individuals. Masks indoors are suggested for our guests, but not required. As an added layer of protection and precaution for guests and colleagues alike, we are still requiring that all staff (beyond the individuals who work solely outdoors more than 6’ apart) wear masks at all times.
A few protocols in place for prominent areas within the resort are outlined below.
What is the hotel doing for Housekeeping?
- The hotel utilizes an electrostatic disinfectant spray in each guestroom upon every guest departure.
- The hotel offers disposable cups in guestrooms that are single wrapped. Glassware is also available in guest rooms if preferred.
- This hotel offers housekeeping service to all guests. Guests are welcome to decline these services if they wish. Guests do not need to be outside the room when the room is serviced at this time.
- Public Area attendants disinfect high touch points in the common areas of the resort regularly.
What protocols are in place at the Spa?
- Each treatment room is fully sanitized in between guests. Sanitation measures include bed, floors, and all equipment.
- All therapists currently wear masks during treatments.
- Each evening upon closing, an electrostatic disinfectant spray is brought into the spa to sanitize each treatment room, the solarium, locker rooms, wet areas, and boutique.
Where is the nearest COVID testing facility?
- Carbon Health – 6941 El Camino Real, Carlsbad, CA 92009 (4 min/1.8 miles)
- Second: Carlsbad Premium Outlets (in parking lot outside of Adidas store)
5620 Paseo del Norte, Carlsbad, CA 92008 à reservations recommended but not required.
(7 min/3.4 miles)
- Multiple Locations: CVS Drug Store
- If for some reason you have an issue finding an appointment at a local CVS or the above locations (very unlikely), California State University San Marcos does test on a first come, first served basis every day. They are located at 333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Rd. San Marcos, CA 92096 (14 min/9.6 miles)
Which types of tests are available at these facilities? Do they have rapid tests?
- Antibody, antigen, and rapid results are all offered at the above locations, except for Cal State San Marcos. They do not offer rapid results, however generally results come back 24 hours after testing at this location.
Are appointments needed for COVID tests? If yes, how are appointments scheduled?
- Carbon Health: https://carbonhealth.com/la-costa
- Outlets: https://a.flexbooker.com/widget/67a9bda2-bd71-43cb-aead-9015cb033887?locationId=20010#chooseService
How will you get to the testing facility and back?
- The hotel does not provide transportation; however, they are happy to assist with a rental car reservation to safely get you to and from. If the situation is an emergency, the hotel will assist with contacting local paramedics.
- Additionally, an Uber can be used for transportation via the Uber app.
What is the resort doing with confirmed cases of COVID?
- Luckily enough, the hotel has not had anyone report a case while in house, although they have received a small number of calls after guests depart informing them of a positive test. If the circumstance arises where someone does test positive while on site, the hotel will ask them to quarantine in their room and stop all housekeeping services. Meeting Planner and Event Manager would then connect to discuss next steps. Internally, they would then contact trace their arrival, check-in, in room dining orders, housekeeping services, etc., and inform any staff who may have had ‘prolonged exposure’. Generally, from guest to staff, there isn’t much transfer as a prolonged exposure would be considered less than 6’ apart for 20 minutes or more. If there are questions on his or her whereabouts that couldn’t be verified via hotel cameras, with Meeting Planner approval the guest would be contacted to ask some general questions. From a contact trace perspective of other event attendees, someone within the group would contact any attendees that may have had prolonged exposure. Should someone notify the hotel post-departure and inform of a positive case, their guest room would be placed out of service for at least 3 days with open ventilation. As a luxury resort, whenever possible they are keeping departed rooms vacant for at least 24 hours and always sanitize in between every stay with an electrostatic sprayer.
Does Park Hyatt Aviara have room service?
- Yes, they do offer room service. A contact-less option for any guests who were potentially exposed / quarantining in their rooms would be offered.
Where is the nearest medical clinic/hospital/urgent care/emergency room where a person with COVID/symptoms for additional medical treatment could go?
- Direct Urgent Care – 6941 El Camino Real, Carlsbad, CA 92009 – (760) 258-4362
(4 min/1.5 miles)
- Tri City Medical Center – 4002 Vista Way, Oceanside, CA 92056 (760) 724-8411
(12 min/8.2 miles)
- Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas – 310 Santa Fe Dr., Encinitas, CA 92024
(760) 633-6501 (13 min/7.6 miles)