Critical Skills for Compliance Professionals: Compliance Stress; Sources and Strategies (IA/BD) (Intermediate) (Webinar)
It should come as no surprise that US News has reported that compliance officers experience a high level of stress. Some of that is, of course, the nature of the job. But are there other factors at play? Are those who volunteer to accept compliance responsibilities more willing to “step up to the plate” or “take one for the team” than others in their firms? Is this a personality trait that may drive higher levels of stress? Are there other traits shared by those who choose compliance as a profession that may be contributing to one’s stress level?
This interactive session will examine the various sources of stress for compliance professionals and suggest potential ways to manage stress. Come prepared to share your own experiences and methods for coping with stressful situations, and take advantage of this opportunity to learn and grow from the experiences of the panel and your peers.
- Identify internal and external sources of stress
- Determine if the qualities that make you a good compliance professional are contributing to your stress
- Explore practical methods of reducing stress
- Anne Buckley, Chief Compliance Officer, Palladium Capital Advisors, LLC
- Marilyn Miles, Vice President, Consulting & Education, NRS