The Series 9 exam focuses on options, and along with the Series 10, the Series 9 test is required in order to qualify for the Series 8 branch manager license. The sequence of testing does not matter in qualifying for the branch manager exam, and each part can be passed separately.
Subject matters covered on the exam include:
- Supervise the Opening and Maintenance of Customer Options Accounts
- Supervise Sales Practices and General Options Trading Activities
- Supervise Options Communications
- Supervise Associated Persons and Personnel Management Activities
Each Series 9 Exam has 60 questions to be completed over the course of 90 minutes. The successful candidate must answer 70.9% of questions correct in order to pass.
Pass Confidently with NRS FIRE
NRS FIRE’s Series 9 Exam Prep is designed around FINRA’s major job functions identified, and is backed by our “Green Light” plan, which has a 90% success rate.
- Call and Put Options
- Straddles and Spreads
- Stock Positions with a Purchased Option; Stock and Option Writing
- Summary of Basic Options Theory
- Covered and Uncovered Writing; Margin Requirements
- Position and Exercise Limits; Stock Splits and
- Options Creation and Trading
- Options Compliance Rules
- Compliance Registered Options Principal
- Taxation; Index Options; Interest Rate Options
- Foreign Currency Options
- Caps and Leaps; More on Spreads
Series 9 Exam Preparation training can help you get your career started.