The Series 7 exam is intended for general securities registered representatives; covering stocks, corporate bonds and CMOs, government securities, options, mutual funds, variable annuities, and limited partnerships.
Through two sessions lasting an hour each, a student who is sponsored by a broker/dealer to sit for the exam must answer 250 questions, and pass with a grade of 72% or above. Questions on the exam are broad; covering different investment products and strategies and the rules and regulations of the industry.
Specific categories covered on the Series 7 exam include:
- Business solicitation for broker / dealers; covering customers and potential customers
- Evaluation of customers other security holdings, financial situations and needs, financial status, tax status, and investment objectives
- Procedures for opening accounts, transferring assets and maintenance of appropriate account records
- Proper dissemination of information on investments, along with procedures for making recommendations
- Proper methods for obtaining, verification and follow-up as it relates to customers’ purchases and sales instructions, enters orders, and follows up.
Pass confidently with NRS FIRE
Backed by NRS FIRE’s “Green Light” plan, which boasts a 90% success rate, our Series 7 Exam prep provides you with the knowledge and expertise you need to pass the Series 7 Exam. Topics covered include but are not limited to:
- Corporate Debt, Government and Municipal Securities
- Economics & the Markets
- Investment Companies
- Retirement Plans
- Options and Margins
- Customer Accounts
- New York Stock Exchange
- FINRA Rules
- Federal & State Regulations
- Direct Participation Programs
- Financial Statements, Exhibits, and Charts