In just the last six weeks, the DOL fiduciary rule has been the subject of:
- A presidential memorandum;
- A decision in a Texas court upholding the rule;
- A proposed rule to delay of the April 10 Applicability Date;
- An invitation for comments as to whether the rule should be implemented, amended or withdrawn;
- OMB review of the proposed delay and revision;
- An appeal of the Texas decision;
- Comment periods on the proposed delay and revision; and
- A Field Assistance Bulletin announcing a temporary enforcement policy
To add to the confusion, rumors, half-truths and outright misconceptions are coming from all directions.
If you’re suffering from regulatory whiplash, you’re not alone. You need to be able to clearly explain to all interested parties- from the C-suite to field reps – what is required, when it will be required, and, perhaps most importantly, what is still up in the air.
This session will not only bring the latest news from the regulators and the courts. We will also address the steps you need to take to implement your program based on the success or failure of the proposed delay of the April 10 deadline.
After attending this course you will be able to:
- Analyze the very latest news about the DOL fiduciary rule and understand the impact on your firm.
- Conduct a gap analysis of your current plan and plug any gaps.
- Clearly and effectively communicate the current status of the fiduciary rule to your colleagues and help them develop plans to address the various potential regulatory and judicial outcomes.
For whom: Designed to increase the professional competence of investment adviser and broker-dealer compliance professionals with legal, compliance, operations, technology, administrative and management responsibilities.
Suggested Skill Level: Intermediate
Instructional Method: Group Internet-Based
Pre-requisites for participation: No prerequisites are required.
Advance Preparation: None
Continuing Education Credits:
See NRS Continuing Education Guide
Maximum Recommended CPE Credit: 2 in the Regulatory Ethics field of study
Maximum Recommended IACCP CE Credit: 2
Maximum Recommended CA MCLE Credit: 2
Maximum Recommended CFP Credit: Pending