Proactive Solutions for Mitigating The Exploding Risk of Insider Trading and Other Trading Abuses
2:50 PM – 4:00 PM
Thursday, May 17
The Justice Department is using aggressive tactics to uncover insider-trading schemes, particularly in the private equity and hedge fund industry. The FBI has employed wiretaps, undercover recordings, search warrants and ambush interviews to build cases that have sprawled across the securities industry to ensnare traders and uncover illegal trading in the expert networks investigation. In addition, the SEC is bringing new types of insider trading cases.
In this atmosphere, proactive compliance is necessary to prevent insider trading and to develop controls over access and disclosure risks of material nonpublic information that your firm’s personnel may obtain or are exposed to in carrying out their duties. Investment advisers should revisit insider trading policies – as well as insider trading training programs. This panel will provide practical guidance about what you should be doing in this area. Among the topics of this program are:
- The Emerging Insider Trading Enforcement Environment. What types of insider trading cases has the SEC Staff brought recently? How do they differ from prior cases – and what does that mean for your insider trading policy?
- Overview of the Laws Against Insider Trading
- The Expert Network Investigations
- What types of changes should you be considering for your insider trading policy – and why?
- What should you be doing now to train your key employees to ensure you have a sound compliance program?
Back to the Agenda