Mastering Critical Skills for High Performance Compliance Professionals: The Art of Effective Presentations
May 16, 2011
1:30 PM – 3:30 PM ET
Description: As a compliance professional, your ability to deliver credible and confident presentations to management, clients, boards and colleagues is critical to your effectiveness and career development. How do you hold up when the spotlight is on you? Can you think fast on your feet? Do listeners respect you?
Ann Oglanian of ReGroup and Kurt Wachholz of Wellspring Compliance will share their insights and techniques from their combined forty years' experience addressing senior business leaders in a two-hour workshop designed to demystify how to make presentations that work.
This presentation skills workshop is designed to enable compliance professionals to:
- Make presentations that achieve desired results
- Gain respect and credibility within the firm
- Elevate the compliance function in the eyes of colleagues and senior management
- Achieve for the firm, a compliance function that is strong and effective
The instructors will teach you a structured approach to the preparation and delivery of all types of business presentations. You will learn how to start strong, finish memorably and stay in control while interacting positively with your audience, including how to:
- Provide the right content without doing a data dump/li>
- Present your case clearly and with enthusiasm /li>
- Avoid "Death by PowerPoint" and use visuals that have impact/li>
- Conquer nerves /li>
- Share stories that pull-in listeners and increase retention /li>
- Tailor your message to your audience - high-level executives, boards, and stakeholders/li>
- Incorporate appropriate humor to drive home serious points /li>
- Handle questions like a pro
We will move you toward looking and feeling more comfortable, confident and competent and help you deliver messages that are clear, concise and compelling.
For Whom: Everyone can improve presentation skills – this workshop is designed for every level of skill. So, whether you're terrified of presenting, new to compliance or a seasoned professional, this workshop is for you.
Suggested Skill Level: Basic to Intermediate
Instructional Method: Group-Internet-Based and Group Live
Pre-requisites for participation: No prerequisites are required
Continuing Education Credits:
See NRS Continuing Education Guide
Recommended CPE Credit: 2
Order this Desktop on Demand