Form ADV Part 1: Annual Updating Amendment and More
September 6, 2012
1:00 PM – 3:00 PM ET
Experts will systematically walk through new Form ADV Part 1 and examine new disclosure requirements for 2012 that impact all advisers and those that impact private fund advisers. This session will also detail the new method of calculating “regulatory assets under management (RAUM),” and provide guidance on correlating the information reported in Form ADV Part 1 to disclosures in Form ADV Part 2. Inaccurate and/or inadequate Form ADV disclosures are consistently cited in the SEC's and many states' list of 'Top Ten Deficiencies’.
In addition to a detailed overview of Form ADV Part 1, Schedule D, and applicable Form ADV Part 1 Instructions, instructors will help you fully understand Annual Amendment filing requirements, appreciate the meaning of certain key words and terms, and avoid making common mistakes.
This session will also provide a brief summary of Form 13F, Schedule 13D, Schedule 13G, and the new large trader Form13H reporting procedures under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the applicability of these filings to certain investment advisers.
After attending this course, attendees should be able to:
Define Annual Amendment filing requirements, and avoid common Form ADV Part 1 mistakes
- Gain insight and clarity into the new information being sought in Form ADV Part 1 to help ensure your firm is accurately reporting such information
- Calculate Regulatory Assets Under Management (RAUM)
- Establish a team approach to develop and maintain a Form ADV Part 1 that complies with current regulations and is consistent with your firm's Form ADV Part 2, policies and procedures, advisory contracts, client communications and advertising
- Define the basic mechanics of Form 13F, Schedule 13D and Schedule 13G reporting requirements
- Isolate areas of potential conflicts of interest to alert and remind advisory firm employees of potential risk
Chief Compliance Officers, Legal counsel, Compliance Staff at all levels and Management
Suggested Skill Level: Basic
Instructional Method: Group - Internet Based and Group Live
Prerequisites for participation:
No prerequisites are required. However, attendees can benefit by reviewing the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 to become familiar with the structure and terms.
Advance Preparation: None
Continuing Education Credits:
See NRS Continuing Education Guide
Recommended CPE Credit: 2
Order this Desktop on Demand