Broker-Dealer Year-end Compliance Checkup
December 1, 2015
Tuesday 1:00 PM- 3:00PM(ET)
While numerous compliance tasks need to be accomplished on a daily, monthly or quarterly schedule, there are numerous “annual” requirements, with the majority being required on a calendar-year basis.
Crunch time comes at the end of the year, when the following are required, by Rule, to have been accomplished by end of year (or shortly thereafter):
- 3120 Written Supervisory Policies and Procedures (WSP) Testing/Report
- 3130 CEO Certification and Report
- 3310 AML Audit and Report
- State and Rep Renewals
- Cybersecurity Testing
- Audited Financial Statements
- Annual Compliance Meeting
- CE Needs Analysis and Training Plan Review
- 2241 Research Analyst Compensation Review
- Annual Attestation of Research Rule Compliance
- Annual Risk Assessment / Conflicts of Interest
- WSP Review
- AML Program Review
- Information Security Testing (including Cybersecurity)
- Disclosure Notifications (i.e. Privacy Notice)
This seminar will provide an opportunity to discuss year-end compliance requirements and offer guidance as to how they can be met with a minimum of time and expense.
After attending this course, attendees should be able to:
- Identify broker-dealer compliance tasks that are required on a calendar-year basis
- Document requirements of each responsibility
- Amend the firm’s WSPs to address exactly how these requirements are being met
- Search the firm’s WSPs to determine all areas which call for annual reviews to ensure they have been accomplished, as well as those calling for quarterly reviews.
For Whom: Designed to increase the professional competence of broker-dealers and dual registrants with legal, compliance and operational responsibilities.
Suggested Skill Level: Intermediate
Instructional Method: Group Internet-Based
Pre-requisites for participation: The pre-requisite for participation is some understanding of NASD, FINRA and SEC rules and regulations, and an understanding of the requirements laid out in the firm’s WSPs.
Advance Preparation: None