Let the compliance experts at NRS guide you through the basics of "Switching".
As part of Dodd-Frank, a new category of Investment Adviser has been created called the "Mid-size Adviser." A Mid-size adviser has between $25 Million and $100 Million in Assets Under Management and will be required to "switch" from SEC regulation to state regulation by June 28, 2012.
Firms should not underestimate the importance of the "switch" from SEC regulation to state regulation. Many aspects of a firm's compliance program may be affected. The time to start preparing is now. To help minimize risk and maximize compliance, NRS offers a range of services designed to assist in every step of this process, including:
- Calculate Regulatory Assets Under Management (RAUM), a new method to calculate AUM for regulatory purposes
- Review and update Form ADV Part 1 for accuracy and consistency with other documents
- Evaluate and customize Policies and Procedures to ensure consistency with state specific requirements
- Assess and update Form ADV Part 2A and 2B disclosure brochures to ensure that state specific disclosures are included
- Registration Filing for State of Domicile
- Additional State and Agent Registration filings and more
Request a consultation with an NRS compliance expert about switching today.