NRS can help you get ready for the "Never-Before-Examined-Initiative"
The SEC just announced that the National Exam Program (NEP) is launching an initiative focusing on investment advisers that have never-before been examined, with an emphasis on those firms that have been registered for three years or more.
In order to minimize risk to your firm, you should prepare for a potential exam, by:
- Identifying major regulatory deficiencies and applying industry best practices to address the issues
- Uncovering potential problems and resolving issues quickly and efficiently
- Understanding what areas pose the most risk to you and prioritizing compliance tasks to minimize those risks
- Reviewing your Form ADV to make sure your "plain English" disclosures adequately discuss conflicts of interest and meet regulatory expectations
- Identifying any materially false or misleading statements in your advertising and marketing
NRS can prepare you for a potential SEC examination through one of our many compliance consulting services. To get started, contact NRS today or download an overview of our Compliance Review Services.